Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

10 Year High School Reunion

This blog is actually about me...not Lincoln...wow there is still a ME! HA.

I graduated from Douglas County High School 10 years ago. I debated for quite a while about whether or not to attend my class reunion. I am so glad that I did. My old friend Meaghan Burke and I went together and we met Stacy there. I have been friends with both of them since elementary school. I met Meaghan at her parents house off of Happy Canyon road. They have lived in that house the whole time I have known her and it looks exactly the same inside and out. It was so nice to look around and see that nothing had changed. I got to talk with her mom for a while which was really nice. Meaghan's little sister Erin is recently engaged so I got to hear all about that excitement. I also got to talk to her mom about grandpa passing away this year. I grew up being close to Meaghan's grandpa. He was the sweetest man ever. He would show up to all of our volleyball games with a red rose for her and every once in a while one for me too. He always gave the best hugs. Meaghan and I headed to Castle Rock. The Reunion was a happy hour on the back patio of the Pegasus restaurant. Our class president Shannon O'Neill planned it. We graduated with about 365 people and I would say there were probably 100 people there. There were some people who looked exactly the same, a few that I wouldn't have recognized if they hadn't come up to me and I have to admit there were a few that I wouldn't have even known went to our high school. My friend Brook was there with her fiance Sam and she told us that she is pregnant. Brook and I have been friends since middle school and we were college roommates. All in all it was a really fun time getting to hear what everyone was up to. People came from out of state to be there. The happy hour closed down at 11pm and then a few of us went to a local bar down the street. Meaghan and I headed home around 1:30am. I had a long drive home and we were leaving for Nebraska the next morning.

I busted out my year book before the Reunion just for fun and I cried when I read what Stacy had written "Just think of graduating as opening the next chapter in our friendship. We still have kids to raise at the same time so they can be the best of friends and play barbies all night and fight over dumb things." Of course Lincoln and Connor probably won't play barbies together but they are going to grow up being the best of friends.

Me, Shelley, Stacy and Brook

Meaghan, Shelley, Shelly's husband, her 3rd boy and Amanda

1 comment:

Shi Town said...

My reunion is coming up this summer (just blogged about it), and I'm so excited. I am for sure going. Glad you had a good time!