Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lincoln's First Week

Lincoln is one week old already. I can't believe that last Saturday I was bringing him into the world. Uncle Anthony headed back to Grand Junction on Monday and my dad headed back to Nebraska. My mom stayed for the whole week. Lincoln had his first Dr's appointment on Tuesday. He weighed in at 7lbs 4.5 oz. He left the hospital at 7lbs 7oz, so he lost some weight which is normal. The Dr said that he looked good. He said that he was a little jaundice, a level 10 but they do not get concerned until they are at an 18. All and all the Dr said that he looked great.

Here are some more pictures to look at.
http://picasaweb.google.com/elifrick/LincolnSFirstWeek

We also made a few outings this week. On Wednesday we took him for a walk around the neighborhood. We went to the grocery store on Thursday and on Friday we took him back to the Dr to do a weight check. He weighed in at 7lbs 7oz so he was back to the weight he left the hospital. The Dr checked his jaundice level and said the he was not concerned. From the Dr we headed over to Eli's work to show him off. After that we went to Ruby Tuesday for lunch and to Babies R us. We took him out to dinner on Saturday night to Carraba's for my mom's birthday dinner. It is a big chore to get him all packed up and to make sure we are only gone 3 hours at a time because he eats every three hours.

He has established some what of a pattern in the evenings. I feed him around 9 and then I go to bed while he and Eli hang out. I sleep from 9 until around 11 and then feed him again. From then on he wakes up about every three hours. He has been going back down to sleep between feedings so I am able to get about 2 hours at a time. I feed him at 3 am and he usually sleeps until around 7 or 8. That is when I get a decent amount of sleep. They are allowed one 5 hour period of time without eating. He has had plenty of wet and poopy diapers, so he seams to be doing just fine with his feedings.

He is still super cute and I love him more every day! It is definitely hard and extremely emotional. Our lives are different in every sense of the word. I can't imagine our lives without him but it is the hardest thing I have ever experienced from delivery to taking them home. A life depends on us and that is such an amazing experience but very stressful.

My parents are leaving today so I am very emotional and a little nervous about doing it on our own.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Eli have done a GREAT job since becoming parents. I will miss being there with you every morning, I don't know if I'll be able to wake up tomorrow morning without hearing Lincoln cry! Thank you both for allowing me that special week with you all. God is Good! Lincoln remember what you and Grandma talked about. Grandma loves you. I Love you all. Grandma Maga

Kari said...

Hi Fricks! I am so glad you had another wonderful weekend with the whole Kerr clan - that is awesome! I love the family pics of the four of you with Lincoln. Your sweet baby is just precious. I still can't believe you're a mom! Weirdness! The loveshack days seem pretty far away huh?

I'll be back up soon!!!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, sounds like your doing a great job. I am sure the little L man is going to start growing like a weed. Let me know if you need any help, I can bring you a meal or just be a sounding board. Motherhood is a lot of work!

Gretchen
303-929-5918

The Toland Tots of Tanglewood said...

You guys will be just fine by yourselves. Motherhood is a huge adjustment but oh so worth it. Let me know if you need anything. I know I'm on the other end of the world but I'm just a phone call away. lyt,Tawnya

Kendra said...

There are many books and "doctors" and others who will try to define what normal should be for little Lincoln. Enjoy the time that you have. Know that God chose you to be his mommy because he knew that you were the best choice for him. You will have a great sense for what is "normal" for little Lincoln. No two are alike. I challenge you to live life free of restraints put on by the charts and books of the world. He will become the best version of him possible on God's special clock for him. In the meantime, enjoy that every day looks just a little different. You will feel a little normal again...it does come back. Sounds like you guys are hitting your stride with a good schedule. So fun to get the updates!

Leah said...

Melissa, Lincoln is so beautiful and I cannot wait to meet him! I am so happy for you guys!

Lisa said...

I think Lincoln might quite possibly have the best baby expressions I have ever seen!