Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007


My Dad and I









Dad, Scott, Ryan, Deb, Grandma, Marlyn

Eli, my brother Anthony and I headed back to Nebraska on Saturday December 22nd. We arrived at mom and dads house early evening and then headed down to the local pizza place for dinner. Some of my cousins and their kids met us there.
Sunday morning we all went to Church together and then had a lazy day at the house.
Monday, Christmas Eve we headed to the local super Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping. We called my sister in law, Anna to get her special green chili recipe and then attempted to find all of the needed ingredients at Wal-Mart. It proved to be quite the task. The salsa isle contained nothing stronger then medium! We did our best to find comparable ingredients. My brother and I managed to make a pretty tasty green chili for dinner. My dad's family arrived around 5 and we had dinner around 6. We had a good turn out this year. We were missing a few people but all in all it was a big group. All 5 of grandma's kids were there so she was happy.
After dinner the little kids opened their presents. Tonya bought them all megaphones so that made for a fun night. Lincoln received his first Christmas present from his great grandma. She bought him a white Christmas teddy bear and he got a stuffed animal horse from my Aunt Deb and Uncle Bill. It was so sweet of them to think of him this Christmas. When the kids were done opening their presents we started our traditional gift exchange game. This year we decided to do a camping theme. We each opened the gift that we brought one at a time and then we started with the first person to see if they wanted to steel someone elses present. If you wanted to steel another persons gift they were able to ask you a question about themselves and if you answered it correctly you could steel their gift from them. It was a fun way to learn new things about one another. My uncle Scott learned that his sister Deb did not get married in 1980....She found that pretty funny considering her youngest child was born in 1979!

No comments: