Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 14, 2007

My 28th Birthday

We received our anxiously awaited packages from Eli's parents. They send us a big box every year filled with our birthday and Christmas presents. We received the package on the 13th. Eli and I sat down and opened our gifts one at a time. The theme this year was "things that make your life easier." Norma is a very thoughtful gift giver and we loved everything they got us.

After we were done opening all of our gifts Eli told me that there was more upstairs for me. He told me to go into the nursery. I walked in the room and there was a gorgeous wooden rocking chair in the corner of the room with a card taped to it. The card said "Mommy" on the outside in sloppy handwriting. I opened the card and it was a Pooh and Piglet card that read "Pooh loves Piglet. Piglet Loves Pooh. And guess what Mommy? I love you! Happy Birthday." Eli added an extra special message from Lincoln. It read, "Mommy. Happy Birthday!!! This is your first present from me. There will be many more. Please use this to rock me to sleep. P.S. I am like daddy and can't sit still that's why I got you a rocking chair." Love Lincoln.
I couldn't help but cry. It touched me so much! My husband is such a softy! He also got me a card from him!

My birthday was a nice one filled with breakfast and decorations at work and gifts from friends. We had an off site Nike meeting and we were able to head home at 2 when we finished. I came home snuggled on the couch and watched "Polar Express." After that we got ready to head to Jason's graduation party.

No comments: