Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2007

Dr Appt #7 12-17-07 28 Weeks Pregnant

7 months! Are you kidding me?! It feels like yesterday that I peed on the stick...well sticks..I did take 4 of them remember!

I had to take the glucose test. I drank the yucky sugary orange drink and then I wasn't suppose to eat or drink anything until they drew my blood. I got to the Dr office and they weighed me, like they always do, I peed in a cup, like I always do, and then they drew my blood. We listened to Lincoln's heart beat. Strong and good. I told her where she could find his heart because I knew his foot was in my rib. I had felt it there all day long. When I left they told me no news was good news....well, I got news. They called the next day and told me that my level was 141. The sheet said that anything over 140 was considered high, the nurse told me 130 or above and then the Dr told me 135...so regardless I was above all three levels. I have to go to the Qwest lab in Englewood on Janaury 2nd for the three hour glucose test. They draw my blood a total of 4 times and I get to fast for 12 hours before they do it! Fun. Fun. They had birthday cake at work for me and I passed so that I would pass my glucose test. Well geez I should have had a big ol piece. The Dr said that I most likely do not have gestational diabetes but I have to take this 3 hour test to make sure.

Come to find out the cold that I have...the third one of my pregnancy, could have elevated my glucose level. I am on antibiotics now and should hopefully be better by the next test and can pass with flying colors!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that! I'll pray for your health and good test results.