Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Growing Strong

Lincoln is one month old today. Wow how time flies! He is growing just as he should be. The Dr checked him out and did a weight check. He said that he is progressing well and to keep doing what I am doing. I told him that I thought he might be fighting off a flu bug because I had a touch of it over the weekend. I wasn't sure if it was the flu or food poisoning but I threw up for two days along with a fever and cold chills. He has been sleeping longer than normal at night, which is great for me but concerns me a little and he is hard to console which is not like him. He has had a few diarrhea diapers. I took his temp this morning and it was 97.3 so he seems to be fine. The Dr said that breast milk was the best thing for him and that he would be able to fight it off in just a few days.

Lincoln is definitely a Frick. He was fussy on the way to the Dr and when we first got there but as soon as I stripped him down for his weigh in he was as happy as can be. He loves to be naked!

Birth 7lbs 9oz
left the hospital 7lbs 7oz
2 day old Dr. Appt 7lbs 4.5oz
5 day old weigh in 7lbs 7oz
16 days old at nursing class 8lbs 7.2oz
One month at Dr 9lbs 7oz, 22 inches long and a 37cm head circumference

The Dr gave me all of the percentages but he didn't write them down and I can't remember them.

4-23-08 Weigh in at Grandma's office 10lbs 7.5 oz
5-8-08 Weigh in at 2month appointment 11lbs 5oz

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hey Melissa, thanks for keeping us all updated on Lincoln! I love reading about your journey into motherhood, and I appreciate how real you are with your posts. Hope everything is going well for you guys. We love you!

Kari said...

I am glad to hear everything is good and baby Lincoln isn't sick.

Your comment on him being a Frick because he loves being nakes made me laugh - it's SOOOO true! Haha!