Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Parachute Dress

My mom's mom (granny lady) made a dress out of my grandpa's parachute from World War II. She made it for their first born, my aunt Glenna. Each of the kids have had their picture taken in it, boy's and girls. Here is Lincoln in the parachute dress. I put his Harley onesie on underneath so he still felt like a man! As you can see by his expression he was not thrilled about wearing a dress. He just really loves his grandma and wanted to please her. I really wish that my granny lady could have seen him in it. We miss you granny lady, but we know you are watching him from Heaven.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Poor Lincoln - haha!!! Don't worry, he's all boy! But we'll hold onto this picture as blackmail during his jr high days!

Anonymous said...

Lincoln say's "Aw Mommy, anything for you!"
Love the tradition. Mia

LuvnColorado said...

I have heard of this tradition before but never have seen a dress before! It's great! kg