Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 21, 2008

Sleep

Lincoln is slowly sleeping longer and longer at night. I use to feed him at 9pm and then he would wake again at midnight for a feeding. Starting last week he began sleeping through the midnight feeding and waking around 2am. A few nights he has slept until 3am and on Tuesday night he slept through the night until 5am. It was amazing! I did wake up very disoriented when I heard him crying and looked at the clock to see that it was 5am. I couldn't remember if I had already fed him or not. It is crazy how your mind works or doesn't work when you are awakened in the middle of the night. He has only slept through the night that one time, but the 2 or 3am is a nice treat. I go to bed around 10 so that gives me a solid chunk of sleep. Eli gives him a bottle at 9 and then puts him to bed after that. He does a great job of putting himself to sleep. He usually goes right back down after I feed him at 2 and then wakes again at 6 or 6:30 for another feeding. He is doing pretty good with his naps during the day. It is so funny to me that when are young you are suppose to sleep and you don't want to and then when you are older you really want to and no one will let you.

1 comment:

LuvnColorado said...

Does Eli give him a bottle every night? Does he have any trouble taking it? That's such a great idea. Is it milk you expressed? Sorry I'm so nosey! kg