Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lincoln's First Camping Trip

We headed back to Nebraska for Fathers day weekend. The Howell reunion is always over fathers day weekend so we were able to go to that this year. The Howell's are my grandma's family. We headed out to Cambridge lake on Friday night. Mom and Dad had set up their pop up camper for us to use. We had four spots right next to each other. Mom, Dad and Grandma were in Grandma's camper, Marlyn, Rod and Tonya were in their camper and then Bill, Deb, Nicole, Rhett, Sara and Brody were all in their camper. Ryan and Kendee also joined us. Mom, Dad, Eli, Lincoln and I took the boat out for a nice night ride around the lake. We all spent the evening around the camp fire.
On Friday night Eli and I headed off to the pop up with the two dogs and Lincoln. Eli crawled into bed on the one side and the two dogs got up in the bed on the other side and I put Lincoln in his pac n play in the middle of the camper. I laid Lincoln down gently hoping that he would sleep through the night and then I crawled into bed. Well as soon as I crawled in next to Eli the whole camper tipped to the one side and Eli and I hit the ground. The pop up is a bit like a teeter totter and with all of the weight on one side it caused the camper to tip. After the shock had passed I crawled out of the bed, or should I say up and out of the bed since we were now on the bottom side of the teeter totter and ran to Lincoln's pac n play. His eyes were wide open. He wasn't crying but he was definitely awake. He had only rolled slightly in his pac n play because he was in the exact center of the camper. My dad came running over and once he found out we were all ok he bust up laughing. Eli had to muffle his face with a pillow because he was laughing so hard. My dad though that we would have to sleep on different sides of the camper to even out the weight, but then my mom came over and asked if he had put the hitch down. He smiled and said he had forgotten. That is what levels the hitch side with the tire side on a pop up. So that made Eli and I feel a little less fat. We got the camper all leveled out and went back to bed. Lincoln was of course still wide awake so we took him to bed with us.
We spent Saturday on the boat and attended the reunion. The actual reunion was at a camp pavilion near the lake. Everyone brought a dish to share. I haven't been around my grandma's family a whole lot so it was nice to see her brothers and sisters again. I could tell how much she enjoyed it. They brought out a bunch of old pictures and had a good time reminiscing.
Saturday night was a much more peaceful night in the camper. Lincoln slept through the night in his pac n play and the camper stayed level. We went back out on the boat Sunday and did some swimming. Mom stayed behind to watch Lincoln so I could swim. We packed up camp Sunday afternoon and then headed back to Colorado after stopping at mom and dad's for a quick shower. It was a great weekend full of family and fun. Lincoln is a great camper. He loved staring up at the trees and he really liked being on the boat. His grandpa is super excited to take him fishing when he gets bigger.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! I could picture your Dad laughing and how funny it must have been. Great times! Mia