Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 18, 2008

First time at the Zoo and a Fair

We had a really busy and fun weekend. On Friday Lincoln had his first trip to the zoo. I met Stacy, Deb, Kelly and the kids there around 11. We got our tickets and then found a nice grassy shaded area to feed the kids. We laughed and said that we basically paid $12 to go to the park because we were there for about an hour and a half before we actually started walking around the zoo. Stacy and I's boys are too young to really enjoy the zoo, but we enjoyed the nice weather and just being outside. I don't remember the last time I have been to the zoo. On Saturday we went to the Erie fair with Chris, Libby and the boys. We sat on the patio and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant there. I ran into an old friend from high school at the Fair. We went and found some shade so I could feed Lincoln and there was another couple and their baby sitting there. The lady looked up at me and said "Melissa Kerr." She recognized my voice. It was Lauren Wiens that I ran track with. She has a 9 month old daughter. They live in Erie so we exchanged phone numbers. We came home and took a nice cold family shower and then put in a movie. Sunday morning we woke up to a bunch of hot air balloons surrounding our house. Eli of course ran outside with his camera. We went to Church and then headed down town to the "Glass House." Eli's boss Mike owns a condo on the 23rd floor of this amazing building called the glass house. He wanted Eli to take pictures so he can rent it out for the presidential convention. It actually made me dizzy to look out. We went to Rock Bottom for lunch and then headed home to do some yard work. I am so happy that the nice weather is here. Everyone in the neighborhood is out and about. We had a few people walk by on Sunday and say "Did you guys have a baby?"
All of this fun stuff and I don't have any pictures to share from the zoo or the fair.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Yeah for the zoo. YOu'll have to get an annual pass like Jen and Gretch. They go there all the time! Stacy should get one too and you guys can have play dates all summer long with the animals!

I'm glad you had a great weekend! Can't wait to see you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I love days like that. God is in His heaven and all is right with the world!