Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My First Mothers Day

We spent mothers day weekend in Nebraska. My cousin Kristin graduated from high school on mothers day so we went back to be part of that. We arrived on Saturday morning and spent the day with my parents. Saturday night we met family at the Rocket for pizza. Lincoln had a rough time at the Rocket because it was so loud and I think he was worn out from the traveling. Sunday morning we got the house ready for Kristin's graduation party. We took a walk over to my aunt Marlyn's so we could get a 4 generation picture taken with my grandma. We left Lincoln and dad there to visit while we went to graduation. Dad had called dibs on babysitting Lincoln during the ceremony. It was really hot out and we didn't think he needed all of that sun. He got to spend some quality time with his grandpa, aunt Marlyn and great grandma. After graduation we had a party at mom and dads for her. It was great to spend mothers day with my mom. We got each of the grandma's aquamarine earrings which is Lincoln's birth stone for mothers day. They both loved them. I got a beautiful card from my parents and one from Eli. I had a ring designed for mothers day but it's not in yet. I will be sure to post a picture of it when I get it.
Great Grandma, Grandpa, Mommy and Me

He is wearing his "I love Mommy" shirt

Me and my boys

She did it! Kristin and her Grandma

3 comments:

Kari said...

Mel, you look fantastic!

I love the pictures of the 4 generations - that is so special!

Lots of love and Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

i did it. im so happy that you guys came back for it. it meant so much to me that you guys did. love you guys

Papa said...

Lincoln has gown so much since I last held him. I would have called dibs just like grandpa did.
Glad your 1st Mom's day was a good one.

Love Papa