Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Two Months old

Lincoln had his two month Dr's visit today. He is 23 inches long (50th percentile) 11lbs 5oz (50th percentile), so he gained right at an ounce a day since his weigh in in NE, and his head is 39cm (25th percentile). He is doing great! He had to have two shots in each leg and then one immunization that he drank. He screamed! He is doing all of the things that a two month old baby should be doing. He is following us with his eyes, smiling, cooing and sleeping pretty well.

He is continuing on with his 3am wake up time. It varies anywhere from 1 to 2 or 3am but for the most part he falls asleep around 10 and wakes around 3, so a steady 5 hours still. The Baby Wise book says that they should start sleeping a solid 7 or 8 hours between weeks 7 and 9. He is not there yet, but I have a feeling we are on the right track.

I have been continually praying that God would give me the strength and the reassurance to continue with Baby Wise. It is not easy at times but I know it will pay off in the long run. I can already see the positive results from it. It is so fun to see how God goes about reassuring us when we need it. My friend Liz who was a bridesmaid in my wedding had baby Parker 3 days after Lincoln was born and when we were talking she told me about a book she was using called "Baby Wise." A few weeks later I was talking to a girl at work who also had a baby boy Graham three days after Lincoln and she was also using Baby Wise. I asked her where she heard of it and she said from another girl at work who was using it for her daughter who is now 2 and having great success with it. That other girl heard about it because her pediatrician is one of the authors! And then today a girl from our birthing class called me and she had her son exactly one month before Lincoln was born. We were talking about pediatricians and I asked her who she was taking her son to. She said that she was making the drive to Lafayette to see Dr. Bucknam. She said it was a bit of a drive but he was the author of this book she was following called Baby Wise. I laughed out loud and told her that I knew what book she was talking about! It is so great to have so many other new moms to talk to about the book. It was just such reassurance for me. I know that there is no exact "right" way to raise a baby and I truly believe that all parents need to do whatever works best for them and do whatever they think is best for their children but for me this was the reassurance I needed from our ever faithful Father to continue doing what I am doing!

Eli and I were watching an E special last night on Rock Star wives. They were talking about all of their luxuries..diamonds, trips, parties and on and on. They of course talked about how they never see their husbands because they are on the road all of the time but they thought it was well worth all of the material blessings they had. I looked over at my husband and told him that I was the luckiest women ever. I have a loving husband who works hard and comes home to me every night and I also have an amazing son. I honestly could not be happier than I am right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have always been a spoiled little girl! ha You deserve it. Eli, you are not only "wonderful" in Melissa's eyes, we also think your wonderful. Melissa, you are doing a great job being a MOMMY! There is no end to God's Glory, new blessings everyday. Love Grandma Maga

Anonymous said...

Hi Lady! I'm so glad you are happy! But could you give me some info about Percentiles? I'm confused. What is 25 percentile on a head measurement? Mia

Kari said...

You are so lucky right now...you've got two great men in your life who love you a ton...not too shabby if you ask me!!!