Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lincoln's First Road Trip






Lincoln and I left for Grandma and Grandpa's house on Wednesday the 23rd. We got on the road around 10 after his 9am feeding. I drove until noon and then pulled over to feed him and change his diaper. He was a great traveler. I didn't hear a peep out of him the whole way there. When we got into town we went straight to the hospital since most of my family works there! We surprised mom and she had fun showing him off to all of her friends. We walked down to dad's office to surprise him but Lincoln was super hungry so he was screaming. I borrowed an exam room to feed him and then he was ready to be a social butterfly again. We spent a quiet evening at home with grandma and grandpa.
On Thursday we went back to the hospital to visit my aunt Marlyn who works the front desk. We dropped by to see grandma and grandpa again too and aunt Jacquetta who works in billing. We went to lunch with grandma and then headed over to great grandma's house. I really enjoyed watching my grandma with him. So far she has all great grandsons, no girls. My cousin Rhett has a son, My cousin Reed has a son and my cousin Sheleigha has two boys. Dad walked over after work for a visit and then we headed back to their house.
Mom took Friday off to spend with us. We had a lazy morning around the house. Mom spent the day going through pictures trying to find the ones of Anthony and I in the parachute dress. No luck yet. She found ones of Glenna, Buddy and Kristin so far. We met Glenna and Kristin for lunch and then headed to Wal-Mart to get goodies for our Bunco night. We went back to the automotive department to visit Mike Roth. He is a good friend of my parents and he married Eli and I. We had to show off Lincoln to him. On our way out of Wal-Mart we saw my mom's brother Gary. I just love small towns! He stopped us and said he was going to pick up my cousin Steph and they would come over for a visit. Gary, Steph, and her daughter Kaylee Belle (our God daughter) and her son Kayden came over to visit. Friday night was Bunco night. I was so excited to teach everyone how to play. When people started arriving they had baby gifts in their hands. I joked with them and said it's just Bunco you didn't have to bring a baby gift. Well to my surprise when my aunt Jacquetta sent the invitations for Bunco she put on there that they should surprise me with a baby shower. They had a super cute cake for me, that said "Welcome to our Family Tree Lincoln." The funny thing is that afternoon Jacquetta dropped off some food for our bunco party and when she left Kaylee Belle came up to me and told me that she had a secret. She whispered in my ear that they had a birthday cake for me. I was confused because my birthday is in December! Mom told me that Jacquetta had baked a cake and they had told Kaylee it was for me. We had a great time talking, eating and playing Bunco. Tammy and Chase went home with all of the money and the prize.
Saturday was a super lazy day with grandma and grandpa. They took Lincoln for me in the morning and I went back to bed for a few hours. We spent the day watching a movie and just relaxing. My cousin Michelle and her boyfriend surprised me with a visit. They came into town just to meet Lincoln. Kristin came over that evening to get ready for her prom. I helped her with her eye makeup and getting into her dress. Glenna and Kristin's brothers came over that night and we took some nice pictures of all of them before she headed off to the dance.
Sunday we went to church with grandma and grandpa. Their congregation is made up of about 30 people and they all were so excited to meet Lincoln. Dad held him through almost the whole service. He got a little fussy while my dad was serving the Lord's supper so I held him in the back, but as soon as my dad was done serving he said that I should hand Lincoln over to grandpa. I knew my dad was excited about becoming a grandpa but I had no idea how much he would love holding Lincoln. He is always waiting on me to finish feeding him so he can have him back. He loves watching him and making him smile. He is super excited to take him fishing on their boat. It is going to be so fun watching him grow up and getting excited to go back to Nebraska so he can hang out with grandpa and go fishing. Carter (our God son's) first birthday party was at 4 on Sunday. It was so great to see everyone. A lot of our family was there so they got to meet Lincoln. I tried not to let him steel Carters thunder!
We headed back home on Monday morning around 10 after Lincoln ate. We had to drop by the hospital to pick up a present my aunt Marlyn had left for us. My dad met me in the parking lot. He opened up the back door to say goodbye to Lincoln one more time. I told him that he couldn't make us cry and that we would be back for Mothers day weekend. I found out later that he bragged to my mom that he got to see Lincoln last and that he smiled at him! We made it home safe and sound. He did great on the way back too. We pulled over in Yuma again so he could eat and get a fresh diaper. Daddy was super excited to have us home.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful mini-vacation and Lincoln was an excellent traveller! Good news!

Your parents are so cute with Lincoln. I imagine my parents being like that someday. I hope they come out to visit all the time!

Love you lots - glad you got see your fam!

Anonymous said...

It was so great having the two of you here for Carter's first birthday. You look so happy and are a wonderful mom. I am sorry that we didn't have more time to talk. It seems as if parenthood does change everything in an amazing way. Family also seems to be more important too. Anyway, we were glad to see you both. Hope to see you again in a couple of weeks.

Love,
Dan, Chels, and Carter