Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Baby Room Painting Day

I had a hard time picking out bedding for a baby boy. All of the boy stuff is "themes." They have sports, jungle and sail boats but nothing neutral. They have lots of patterns and solid colors for girls but not for boys. I finally decided on a jungle theme and was pretty excited about it but then I got a Babies R us magazine in the mail and they had a square pattern bedding set made up of greens and browns. I fell in love with it. I went online to see if anyone had bought any of the jungle stuff off of my registry yet and they hadn't so I switched it to the "Mod Box" set. Kari came over on Saturday the 12th to help us paint and hang out. We painted the top part of the wall a mint green and the bottom part a chocolate brown. Eli put up a beautiful chair rail in between the two colors even with the door handle. We painted the chair rail white. It looks so great! I put a link to the bedding set below so you can see it.
We bought his crib from a friend of a lady that I work with. She only wanted $100 for it and then we bought him a matching changing table, dresser combo unit and an armoire. The room looks really cute. I have two baby showers the weekend of the 26th so I am sure that we will get lots of great stuff to put in his room.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those professional painters? Kari looks great! What a great friend she is. I like the color choices, even if I didn't get to help. ha I think you better keep those two happy, cause I know how you "like" to paint. Give baby Lincoln a pat. Love Maga

Kari said...

Super cute picture! I'm so happy I got to help you out. What a fun day!!!