Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dad's Knee Surgery

My dad has has about 9 ankle surgeries in his lifetime. I say about because we have all lost count. He broke his ankle at work when I was 9 and has had several surgeries since then trying to fix it. They finally went in and fused the whole ankle together to try and relieve the pain. His ankle doesn't move up and down or left and right. He has incurred a lot of other ailments because of his ankle. He had to over rely on his good leg to support the bad one and in turn has injured his knee. They told him that he is too young to have a knee replacement because they are only good for 10 years and he is only 50. He would have to get another one by the time he was 60. They thought the best option was to get it scoped. I talked to my mom after his surgery and she said that the Dr's sounded optimistic. My dad is having a hard time believing that this will relieve his pain because he has had so many let downs in the past with surgery. Please be praying for him and for the relief of pain. He is going to be laid up for 2 weeks, so please pray that he can keep his spirits up and that this surgery will be beneficial.

My dad has endured a lot of hardship in his 50 years. His body is far older than it should be. Please pray that he can have pain relief and be able to be an active grandpa for Lincoln!

No comments: