Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dr. Appt #8 1-10-2008

I had my first appointment with the new practice at 31 weeks pregnant. I was suppose to see the Dr at 30 weeks but I cancelled my appointment with the old Dr and the new one couldn't get me in until 31 weeks. I had to transfer to the Thornton branch of the Women's Health Group from the Lafayette branch because of my insurance. The Dr's at the Lafayette location only deliver at Good Samaritan Hospital and they no longer take my insurance. I will finish out the remainder of my pregnancy seeing the 4 Dr's and 1 midwife at the Thornton branch and deliver our son at North Suburban Hospital. My first appt was with a female, Dr. Long. She came into the room and she was barely pregnant enough that I thought it was ok to ask her when she was due, well funny thing...she told me that she was going to have her baby before I had mine so she wouldn't' be able to deliver me but that it was nice to meet me! She is due at the end of Feb with her third baby. I commented that I thought you were suppose to get bigger with each pregnancy and she said this was the biggest she had ever been! She looked about 4 months along. She said that she works out every day and eats well! Of course she does!

Anyway I will see one of the other Dr's for my next appointment and whoever is on call will deliver baby Lincoln.

2 comments:

BrandyMcD said...

With our insurance I had no idea who would be delivering our baby and that really bothered me. I don't know how you feel about it. But anyway, everyone told me it wasn't a big deal and it really wasn't. Your nurse spends much more time with you. The doctor just catches the baby and takes all the credit.

Kari said...

sorry you had to do this switch when you're so close to your due date. i hope you enjoy the new dr and hospital. your belly is looking mighty fine these days!!